Charterhouse work with schools and colleges across the public and private sector providing expertise in cyber security, collaboration, infrastructure and print & document management.
On Thursday 14th June, Charterhouse attended Eton College’s IT Conference which brought together Heads of IT from a number of independent schools from around the UK. Our main focus at the event was to discuss how to safeguard students inside and outside of school.
At the event, we ran two separate roundtable discussions:
How to protect children whilst online in the digital age
The challenges highlighted during these discussions were:
- The Prevent Duty
- Protecting students whilst on and off the school network
- Monitoring the student’s activity and alerting any access or attempted access to inappropriate content
Who and what is on your network?
This more open question raised more discussion points including:
- There are numerous cyber security vendors in the market that do not collaborate and disseminate
- The high cost of resiliency and network security
- The need for a dedicated resource to manage alerts and potential vulnerabilities
- Evaluating current cyber security tools to understand if they are fit for purpose
During these discussions, Charterhouse were able to advise, guide and impart knowledge from across the cyber security landscape which included information about our global web filter that safeguards students on WiFI, 3G and 4G networks helping schools and colleges be compliant with Prevent Duty.
It was clear from the event that a number of independent schools are already using the Palo Alto Networks’ platform to secure their IT estate. This lead to further discussions about how Charterhouse can improve/expand their existing investment in the platform.
Charterhouse have a number of years’ experience in helping schools and schools through the ever-changing threat landscape and are currently offering free cyber security health checks for any UK education institution. Please get in touch with George Waugh to arrange a meeting/review.