William Ellis School embraces digital transformation by digitising student records and staff HR, delivering significant operational benefits.
Charterhouse Group are a key technology partner to William Ellis School. We have taken them on a digital transformation journey that has reduced paper usage, freed up office space, streamlined processes, and introduced data security, disaster recovery, and usage reporting.
William Ellis School had a wide range of intensive paper-based processes for staff HR, which were causing administrative and operational challenges. They also produced a large volume of paper documentation, which was stored onsite and occupied a large amount of space that could be allocated for better use. It was also becoming increasingly difficult to retrieve particular documents.
The Solution and Benefits
Charterhouse deployed a cloud-based DocuWare document management system, which offered enhanced automation opportunities to William Ellis. We were also able to build digital workflow processes around their HR and forms based procedures helping streamline their absence, leave and application processes.
- Reduce Paper Usage: the digital transformation project dramatically reduced paper usage, saving money and minimising environmental impact.
- Free Up Office Space: a reduction in paper storage requirements meant that space in the school was freed up for more beneficial uses.
- Data Security and Disaster Recovery: Charterhouse’s solution introduced robust data security and disaster recovery provisions that were impossible with a paper-based solution.
- Streamline Processes: the digital transformation project streamlined processes, freeing up staff time to focus on other areas.
- Usage Reporting: William Ellis School can now carry out usage reporting, allowing them to monitor and control printing, ensuring costs remain at a minimum.
“We chose Charterhouse to deliver our document management system to digitise our paper based processes and help us overcome some of our operational challenges. We enjoyed working with Charterhouse, and were impressed with their hands-on approach; we found their onsite training particularly helpful. I would definitely recommend Charterhouse as a partner for your projectsDirector of Operations, William Ellis School